Garlic and Olive Oil Pizza with Mushrooms, Tomato, and Arugula
Today we're sharing our go-to pizza recipe perfect for date night, company, or a quick weeknight meal. Wow your guests (or your spouse) by changing up your pizza game with this crowdpleaser.
An Hour to One Day Ahead: Pizza Dough
1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) of Active Dry Yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
2 1/2 cups of flour
1. Combine warm water and active dry yeast in a bowl until it dissolves (about five minutes).
2. Coat a large bowl in olive oil and flour. Set aside.
3. In a food processor or large bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt.
4. Slowly add in water/yeast mixture until combined.
5. Once dough forms into a ball, remove from food processor or continue to knead in bowl until everything is incorporated.
6. Add dough to coated bowl and cover with saran wrap. Place in a warm spot (top of your stove works) for at least an hour. Until the dough doubles in size. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a day.
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 minced garlic clove
1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons cornmeal
1 cup cubed, fresh mozzarella
1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 package of Italian Salami or Prosciutto
1 thinly sliced roma tomato (optional)
1 cup thinly sliced baby bella tomatoes (optional)
2 cups of arugula
1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon
1. Preheat oven to the highest temperature setting. We have temperamental smoke alarms, so we can't go above 400 degrees without causing a mass evacuation in our condo building. If you can, preheat to 500 degrees. If you have pizza stones or pizza tiles, preheat them as well.
2. Place minced garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil to diffuse the flavor.
3. Spread cornmeal on counter and work dough until it fits the size of your stone, baking sheet, or pizza tiles. Do so by pressing lightly on the edges until it reaches the desired size.
4.. Bake in oven until lightly brown - about 10 minutes then remove from heat.
5. Lightly brush or spread the olive oil mixture over pizza crust. Add grated parmesan, mozzarella, tomatoes, mushrooms, and salami and bake until cheese is melted - about five minutes - then broil on high until lightly browned
6. Remove from oven. Add desired arugula then drizzle with lemon juice for added flavor!